Sunday, September 09, 2007

Football Season!

Well, here we are. September and football! I love watching football and today is a perfect day to be lazy and sit in front of the TV. It's raining. It's not really cold - 67, but a little gloomy.

We have been so lucky or unlucky with the rain this year - depends on how you look at it. No rain in June (or very little). July was cool with rain (grass actually started to green back up) and August was a little of June and July mixed. Our local weatherman says we're about 7" below normal and I would say that's why the trees are turning so quickly now. They just didn't have enough water to sustain them.

David's and my Eagles lost today to the Packers while Tylers team (Steelers) walked all over Al's team (Browns - poor Al (now here's a devoted fan)). David's other team (Seahawks) are playing Richard's team (Bucs) so we'll have to wait and see what they do.
And the best was that the Bills lost (sorry Aunt Peggy).

Now, you have to know that it's not really that I don't like Bills (they're ok). What it really is, is that I can't stand the Rochester fans. They jumped on the Bills bandwagon many years ago and if the Bills do good - you would think that they're the best, most devoted and dedicated fans. If they make one mistake, do anything other than play perfect, and God forbid....lose - the media rips them apart. Not a true fan in my book! I will always root for the Bills to lose even if I don't like the other team! Aunt Peggy on the other hand, is a true "Buffalonian" and a true fan - she has stood by them for years and years and so when they do lose, a part of me does feel bad.

No comments: