Sunday, August 03, 2008

August Already!

I just looked at my blog and was surprised that I have not written anything in it in a month although it has been busy. The kids started coming in on July 15th. Jamie, Andrew and Corbin came in first. The next day Corine, Taylor, Michael and Alyssa came and the next day Marchelle and Jacob came in. The following week, Jamie's girlfriend Catherine arrived.

It was a hectic 10 days but I wouldn't give them up for a minute and can't wait till next summer when we do it all over again. I hope Marchelle and Corine will want to come back with the kids. Hopefully next year Jodi, Rich, Chase, Jeana, Chris and Gabe will join us. Jamie Jr. expressed that this was his best vacation in a long time. Everyone felt at "home" and relaxed and we never felt like we had to go and do something.

Of course we did do a couple of things, e.g., I had scheduled a pottery party at Created By Us. All the kids got to pick an item to paint. A week later I was able to pick the stuff up. It all turned out really cute. The next day we went to Niagara Falls. None of the grandkids had ever been there before. They loved it. We went on Maid of the Mist and did the Caves of the Winds and we had a riot.

The rest of the time we stayed close to home and the kids swam and played. I've had boughten several things to keep the kids busy with and they loved them all. The pool is always the big hit. We had a fire every night.

I couldn't have asked for a better 10 days!

No comments: