Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fall

When I think of fall, I think of shorter daylight, leaves changing, cooler temps, blooming mums, apple cider and doughnuts, school starting, fall sports and football! Well today it was almost 90 and very humid. What a great fall day but really, it's still summer since fall doesn't officially start for awhile. In my mind, summer is June, July and August.

Today would be the day we would close the pool. This decision was made last weekend. Who would've guessed it was one of the hottest days of the year? At least it made the water feel "good" to Jamie when he got in to clean it. So sad to see that cover go on. If it weren't for the leaves that get in there, I don't think I would put the cover on till around late October.

I even turned off the air in anticipation of a nice breeze and fresh air blowing through the house. When I turned it off, it was 74 inside. About an hour later I checked the temp and it was 79. I immediately turned the air back on and closed the windows! Tonight is supposed to be windy but still humid so I guess later this week I'll open those windows.

1 comment:

Corine said...

That made me laugh...About turning the air off...Not here...Can't open any windows...this house sucks!