Tuesday, September 02, 2008

September

I just can't believe that September is here! So many birthdays and anniversaries this month. So, to everyone that has a celebration this month...cheers to you! I'm not going to name everyone since there's so many but know that I'm thinking of you.

We've begun the fall process. Jamie sealed the driveway this past weekend. The garden is dying off but the tomatoes are coming fast and furious. They are so yummy. Tonight we had fresh tomato and cucumber salad - it was outstanding. We've started to cut down the orange and spearmint and I even cut back some of the ivy around the pool. I really hate seeing this time of year coming cause you know what follows is going to be COLD! I'm already looking forward to next spring!

Jamie also started the new landscaping for the front. The first thing to do was to remove all the hostas. We gave them to my boss whose wife was thrilled. As it turned out, a couple of their neighbors were the happy recipients too. Jamie outlined the design with yellow spray paint and is now in the process of killing the grass. We're going to do around the trees too. For this year, he'll till everything up and next spring lay the paver sidewalk, we'll plant perennials and then stone. I think its going to look really nice. Once this is done, I really think everything will be done and hopefully, Jamie will learn to relax! Not!

3 comments:

Corine said...

It sounds like everything is going to be so nice. Can't wait to see pictures!! You should show before and after pics. ILY

Granpappy said...

How about some before and after photos?

Ronabear41 said...

Yes, we took pictures of before. I have to take some with the grass dead and then next spring when it's done, I'll finish and send out.