Saturday, June 10, 2006

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to ME! Today is my 5th wedding anniversary. Hard to believe that we have been married 5 years already. Time has gone by so fast and then again, it seems like yesterday. We've actually been together for 17 years and even as I reflect back on that it doesn't seem like it's been that long. We've raised 6 children between us and are now enjoying the empty nest although I wish they didn't all live so far away. So, what are we going to do for our anniversary? Build a deck!! What could be more romantic than that? LOL

Jamie and Randy are going to the gravel pit and buy more stone for the posts. The lumber is supposed to be delivered this afternoon and by tonight, hopefully, we'll have a least a few of the posts in. On Sunday, Randy is coming back and we'll continue on. It's supposed to be rain-free for most of this week which will allow Jamie (and me?) to continue building. I don't think I ever envisioned myself building a deck but I think I'll be learning how this week. After all, the birthday bash is just in a few weeks!

2 comments:

Granpappy said...

Congratulations! Couldn't think of a happier way to celebrate than building a deck together. Maybe the old man will let you off for a few minutes to fetch him a beer. Love to all,
Granpappy

Corine said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I may have forgotten to call you, but I thought about you all day!! ILY