Saturday, June 03, 2006

It's So Exciting!

Last night friends of ours came over from out of town. We met at the house then went out to dinner. Can I tell how exciting it was for me to show off all the work that we've been doing over the last few months?? I was so proud for someone to see it. It made me realize just how happy all these little changes have made and how much I love my house and yard!

Jamie and Randy dug the holes for the deck this week. Course, it's rained ever since but the deck is started!! Our pool cover broke this winter when a bad wind storm snapped the cable that holds it to the pool. Jamie was able to fix it enough to get us through the winter but that turned out to be a good thing. We had it all ready for the garbage pickup when Randy came up with the idea to use it to cover the holes they had dug. They were able to place it over the entire area that the deck is going so there's only a small amount of water in some of the holes. There are 11 holes and each are 42" deep. Can you imagine if they were all filled with water???

I can't wait for the deck to be finished. It's going to be tight to get it all done before July 4th but I know Jamie will have it done. Today we went to the store and purchased some chairs for the deck. Four of them are just your basic high-back plastic chairs and four are fabric folding chairs. With the patio set we already have, that gives a total of 12 chairs for the deck. And YES, they will all fit as the deck is 20' x 22' - it's huge!!

July 4th is going to be a fun day for us! We are throwing a 75th birthday party for my father-in-law Bob. Shirley and Bob are coming in from AZ. Jamie's brother Mark and boys (Tommy and Danny) are coming from FL. Jamie & Jessica are coming in from TX and Jeana plans on coming in from Buffalo. I can't wait!! I just wish all the other kids could come home too!

4 comments:

Corine said...

I can't wait to see everything. It all sounds so nice. I wish we could come for 4th of July also. ILY

Granpappy said...

It's too bad the kids from NC won't be there. We were hoping to see them.
Love,
Grandpappy

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»