Sunday, March 05, 2006

Getting There!!

Well, two of four rooms are done - the office and guest room (formerly known as Jodi and Jeana's room). They'll probably always be known as Jodi and Jeana's room. Very pristine white and very bright but it looks so nice! I just ordered sea green bedding for the guest room - thanks to Corine and Aunt Judy.

I searched every site known to man for the right bedding. The bedding that I liked were either sold out or only came in king or some other reason was not available. I've spent the better part of the week searching. So, I finally bought some bedding off of linensource.com. I hope it's nice - now I can't wait to get it. Finishing touches on Jeana's room - oops, I mean the guest room, will be mirroed closet doors, drapes and the accessories. I'll have to figure out what I want once I get the bedding.

I think I've decided to do the office with white, beige and a splash of red - what do you think?

Next weekend will be the hallway and our bedroom. We've also decided that a new vanity is due in our bathroom which, of course, will mean a new floor. As I've told you, everything is 17 years old this year and I think it's time! All I have to do now is wait for Mike to come up and help Jamie with a new kitchen floor. He's so good and quick with installing the pergo flooring. I just feel this need to update my house and right now! I don't know why I'm so eager and impatient about it, but I am. Yes, I do, after 17 years who wouldn't want to update? I just have a whole list of small projects that I would like to do.

It looks like our weather may be on the brink of changing and getting warmer. By next weekend we may even get to the 50's!! That's big for us in NY at this time of year. Hmmm, maybe while Jamie and Vinnie are doing the painting, I'll sneak out and vacuum my truck!

Winter - I hate it and the salt that's on the outside of the truck and on the inside floor and the door - yuk! It just gets on everything. I can't stand it.

1 comment:

Corine said...

Everything sounds so nice mom. Make sure you take pictures and post them when everything comes in. I can't wait to come see it...