Sunday, March 19, 2006

Weekend's Almost Over

As usual, the weekend has gone by too fast. So much to do and so little time.

The office and the spare room are just about done. We put a couple of coats of paint on the dresser for the spare room and we'll let that dry and it's pretty much done. We had to paint it because Jodi had painted it a few times over the years and the multi-color look just wasn't working. It's looking good! New knobs for the drawers too. I received the sea green bedding and I love it. I also bought some sea green drapes with tiny white strips in them. I just need a few pictures to put on the wall and the closet doors still need to be installed and then it's done.

The office is just about done. Went through a bunch of stuff that was thrown in there from the other rooms so it's getting cleaned out. I bought red curtains and a black canvas picture with two red poppies on it. I'd like to get a couple of more pictures with red in it to top it off.

Our bedroom is a total disaster. Jamie started cutting in and putting on the base paint. I don't know how long this is going to take but with both of us working late, I'm sure it'll be awhile.

Last night we went to a dinner and silent auction. I've never been to one before and it was really fun. It was a fund raiser for a school that my boss' daughter goes too. I put a bid on 4 items and I won two of them. One was a 3-piece luggage set but not like the normal one. There are two big bags that look like duffle bags and are on wheels and the third piece is a garment bag.

We also won a childs guitar. I'm really excited about this. At Christmas Taylor told us she wanted a guitar for Christmas, and of course, we didn't get her one. The perfect opportunity was last night and I won it! W'ere going to surprise her when we go down for Alyssa's baptisim. I better get a present for Bubba or he's going to feel left out!

Once I have the rooms a little more together, I'll take some pictures.

2 comments:

Granpappy said...

If you want a painting of a red barn, I might have one.

Corine said...

I saw the pictures. It looks great!! ILY