Saturday, March 11, 2006

Saturday

What a day! I woke up a little after 3 am and my first thought was "I'm late for work". Not really late for work, but just late getting up for work. I flew out of bed only to realize that it was Saturday. I am instantly tired and creep back to bed, get all snuggled under the covers and what do I realize? I'm WIDE AWAKE! Well, why fight it? I'm normally up at that time anyway. So, I just went ahead and proceeded my day like any other. Downstairs to let the dog out, get some coffee and hop on the computer.

Now, my thinking was that I would just hang out for awhile and then go back to bed later. Never happened. Jamie went to work and left ME a "honey do" list of all things I needed to get done while he was at work. Normally we would've run these errands together but since he went to work, I went ahead with the chores. Off to Target, Lowes, and the Pet Store. Spent a little too much in Target, but I love that store! Got another couple of gallons of paint, got the dog some new toys and a harness so we can start to take walks with her and she won't choke herself. I bought 4 new guest bath and hand towels and washclothes, some new shelves for the living room. I bought a red lamp shade for the office only to get it home and found out the lamp has a bulb shade, so, you know what that means? Another trip to Target to get a lamp that fits the shade. Darn!! LOL

I also purchased a webcam at the urging of Jamie Jr so we can see and talk to him, Andrew and Corbin....live!! I can't wait till he calls tomorrow so we can try it out. I'm going to try to convince all the kids to make the purchase. How fun would it be to talk to Taylor and Michael like this too?? I could see them every day!

The remaining of the day I was cleaning out the room and hall closet. Taking things down, throwing it out. It's amazing the stuff you collect and for what? To collect dust? I'm am definitely scaling down after this. This was a great eye opener. I just have so much "stuff" and the house keeps getting lighter and lighter. Some day when we do move, it will be alot easier.

No comments: