Saturday, January 21, 2006

Laughing

I still laugh at stupid things. My friends make me laugh. My kids make me laugh. My husband and I have great laughs together - so much so that sometimes we have tears streaming down our face. I still like to scare the crap out of him when he comes out of the bathroom and he loves doing it to me too. Then we laugh at the funny position that the scared person had. You know what I mean....the hands flapping and the legs jumping. Uh huh, I can see you laughing now just thinking of time you did that to somebody.

I remember when I was about 7 years old and I hid in the hamper in the bathroom waiting for my Dad to come home from work. I'm in a wicker type hamper so I can see through the little breaks in the wicker. He's at the sink washing his face and hands and I wait for the moment he turns around and then crash through the top and yell "awwwwww". Scared the crap right out of him. He was pissed! I couldn't get out of that hamper and bathroom fast enough - I thought he was going to kill me! Well, he didn't (thanks Mom for being there!) but I sure stayed away from him the rest of that night!!

Laughing is such a part of me. At work, my friends and I make sure we have some good laughs every day. Kate, Joan, Rick and Gord - we laugh hard every day. The corner of my building has the best laughs. When I move into the new administration building, I will miss these guys alot! I will be totally isolated from everyone else, so I'll have to resort to my own jokes!

My daughter Jodi is the one in the family that laughs the most. Get her on a roll and she won't stop. And her nose moves when she laughs hard. When the family is all together, there isn't a moment that somebody isn't laughing. You should see us when we've all been drinking! Too funny!!

I crack myself up at my own jokes. This makes the kids laugh. Just ask them about the O'brothers, or "seeing red". Last night Jamie and were on the way to dinner and he said something and I made a rhyme to it and I started laughing so hard. He said "honey, you cracking yourself up again."

Laugh every day, it's good for your soul.

1 comment:

mariann said...

yes!! laughter keeps you young!!! or at least, you don't mind being old so much...
my significant other is a eagles/steelers fan, so he is happy today.