Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My Grandchildren

I am fortunate enough to have 5 grandchildren. They are Andrew 7, Taylor 7, Michael 3, Corbin 2, and Alyssa 2 months.

Andrew (Drew) and Corbin (Beano) are brothers. They live in San Antonio, TX and share their time between their Dad, Jamie and Mom, Annie. They are sweet boys. Andrew is our inquisitive one. I have never seen a kid who loves to learn as much as Andrew does. Ever since we first met Andrew (he was 2 at the time), he has always amazed us at the questions he asks. For a 2 year old to ask about the stars and moon and why birds fly and all kind of unending questions like that just simply floored us. It was very evident early on that Andrew is quite a gifted child. For Christmas this year we sent him a chess set. A chess set! Who plays chess at age 7? Andrew. Corbin is the child you always think that if he was your first, you'd probably never have another. Now, don't get the wrong impression of Corbin, he's as sweet as sweet can be. But, as brothers go, boys will be boys. This summer, right after Marchelle and Tylers wedding, he broke his right leg by jumping off the bunk bed onto a mattress. He has recovered fully and is back to his old tricks. I'm sure there will be plenty of Beano stories in our future.

Taylor (TayTay), Michael (Bubba) and Alyssa (Sweet Alyssa) are brothers and sisters. They live in Sherrills Ford, NC with Mom and Dad, Corine and Mike. TayTay is the first granddaughter. She is a sweet girl and I love spending time with her. I think we have a special relationship. She can be a quiet girl or one you have to ask to be quiet. She is my movie lover. Give her a TV, couch and a movie and that girl is happy for hours! She loves her Mimi and Papa. Michael is hell on feet! My God that kid can go, go, go! He is too funny. He is such a boy! Loves trucks, cars, 4-wheelers, and "helping" Daddy. Sweet Alyssa. Not too much to say yet! Heck, she's ony 2 1/2 months! She is sweet though. I loved seeing her for the first time at Thanksgiving. She sleeps alot but Corine says she coo's alot now and sometimes Corine calls me and holds the phone to her ear so I can "talk" to her and she coo's back.

My grandchildren are great. All five with five different personalities like day and night. I have to say that sometimes it is fun to have Jamie or Corine call with their "kid" problems. It's all I can do to not laugh sometimes (sorry Corine!). Ahh, the revenge of a mother - to have her kids do the same thing to them that they did to me!!! Can't wait for the teenage years!

Maybe by the end of this year or early next year, I'll be writing about new additions to our family - so check in again sometime!

1 comment:

Corine said...

You made me laught out loud. Then I couldn't stop!! Love ya man...