Sunday, February 05, 2006

Decorating Advice for Parents

Do not, I repeat, do not ever allow your kids to put stickers of the stars on the walls and ceilings. And, if you think it would be fun for them to use the paint that they can draw with on thier walls - think again. Be very careful when thinking about allowing them to do this. Why? Because someday you will want to redecorate the room and that's when the nightmare starts - believe me! I am just starting to redecorate one room now that the youngest has moved out and what I mess I have on my hands. I was finally able to peal all the stars off the walls - ruining my nails trying to do so. And trying to get that paint stuff off took some of the dry wall with it. I still have to get the ceiling done but that's going to have to wait till it's dark so I know where they all the stars are. It's impossible to see them during the day. Just a little piece of advice for those of you with young children.......

2 comments:

Corine said...

Don't do too much redecorating in there. Moriah and I are gonna bring the kids up. We need a place to stay!! You can't see the stars on the ceiling in the day light but you have bad eye sight!! LOL!!

Moriah said...

HA! Yeah, don't get too fancy on us! LOL! Your home will never be the same when we leave! LOL!