Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Wednesday and Friends

Today was a pretty good day. Not a great day but it was ok. It started out hectic at work and then slowly dwindled all day. My boss is out of town and it is sure evident when she's not in the office. I think it's great to have days like those. I was able to actually mingle with some of my co-workers - something that we don't get to do all the time. But the mood was right for reminiscing and I laughed so hard at some of the stories. Hard to believe I've spent 25 years of my life at the same place with pretty much the same people. It's like we all grew up together. When I sit and think about it, back in the early 80's the average age of the person working around me was probably about 25. I, myself, was only around 20 years of age. Imagine that - 25 year olds running a nuclear plant! Don't get me wrong, we still had the "old" folks there but hey... they were in their 30's, 40's and my God, practically dying 50's. And now, I am part of the "old" folks working there! It seems unbelievable that that much time has gone by. We're starting to get alot of young blood in there and it seems good to mentor "the kids" with the knowledge that you have so they can keep the plant running safely. After work some of us girls met with a couple of our recent retirees for dinner. It was great to see them and they were happy to see us. We filled them in on what was going on at work, had general conversation and, as always, had some good laughs. Hopefully we can do this a few times a year. I said in the beginning that it was an ok day, but really, it was a great day!

No comments: