Friday, February 17, 2006

Rambling On

Jeana's room still needs to be prepped for painting but last night we bought all the ceiling paint. I've decided to do the whole upstairs in white. Right back to the basics. I've decided to do that because it really needs to be painted and with us working so much I figured it would cut down on all the cutting in. This way we can just paint and Jamie may actually let me help! Later when we've really thought about what colors we want, we can do some trim work and add to it. I can't do the ceilings (well, I could but being so short, I'd have to be on a step ladder or something and that drives me crazy trying to paint). So for now, I have to wait till Jamie gets that finished before I can start. I am really looking forward to some fresh paint! And I can't wait to start. Being that's it's getting towards the end of winter, I'm sick of being indoors. I need to do something and painting would do it for me right now.

Today it's really cold here. With the windchill it's -4. We don't have much snow which is really unusual for us but I'm not complaining. Ok, maybe some complaints on how cold it is. Brrr, just can't help but crank the heat. Jamie is always warm but even he hasn't complained about me turning the heat up.

I bought a new camera last weekend. It's a Kodak V-570 and it's the first camera with a dual lens. I am loving it. It's pretty simple to use yet has alot of features. I've just been taking shots around the house to play with it. I'm looking forward to taking some new pictures of my grandchildren. Now all I have to do is either get to NC or TX! Eventually, I'm going to purchase a printer dock.

I am really bored today. I'm in that slump where I want to do things and don't at the same time. I want to do spring cleaning but I know once we start painting, I'll be doing that, too, and I don't want to move things twice. I want to clean the carpets but I'd like to wait till the rooms are done.

So many things to do around the house this year. We really need new windows, a new roof and I'd like to get a new fridge and stove. All these things are original with the house and it'll be 17 years old this year. We'd also like to add the lower half of the deck. This is one thing we have always wanted. We love to spend our time outdoors in the summer and it's a pain in the butt for Jamie to always have to move the table and chairs to mow. I'm hoping we can do this. Last year my sister & brother-in-law added to their deck in the back and it's to die for. It really is beautiful and really inspires me to get ours done.

My father-in-law is doing a great job on his blog. He learned how to post pictures and his blog is growing. Keep it up Granpappy!

On my daughter's blog she has a story about how how you might be a redneck if you cleaned out your car with a leaf blower. This has to be one of the funniest stories. Can you imagine? The poor woman who got caught doing this is none other than her best friend across the street! Poor Moriah. Getting caught by your neighbor is one thing and to have it posted all over your blog is quite another! Good thing Moriah is such a fun loving person and loves to laugh AND can laugh at herself. Too many people cannot do that.

Here's a picture of my dog Scout. You've read about her previously in my blog. The most spoiled and loved dog! Scouty....it's cookie time!! Isn't she so cute?

2 comments:

Moriah said...

haha! I am laughing at myself just thinking about it! I bet people drove by and thought...yep, those boys have driven that woman crazy! LOL! Honestly though...my car is the CLEANEST and crumb free it has EVER BEEN! LOL! Thanks for the laugh!

Corine said...

HI SCOUT!!!!