Friday, February 17, 2006

Mark's Retiring!

Hello! My daughter is upset with me because I haven't written in my blog in a few days. Well, I've been busy - not really - but it always sounds good!

Actually, this week was a busy week. Lots of things going on at work and I stayed late once or twice. Last night I went out and celebrated with friends from work.

Another co-worker, Mark, is retiring. Here I go again with the "where did the years go?" My God, how can so many years go by in a flash? Mark's a funny guy - a real practical joker. I can't ever remember talking to him without laughing at some point. That really is a key to life. You must laugh every day. All the "old timers" were there. Great friends, great laughs. Some of our co-workers from my old company were there. I haven't seen them in years and it was good to see some old friends.

This is really a great story. Mark has worked at the company for 36 years and I've known him for almost that long. His wife, Sue, is retiring on the same day and they plan on just having fun in their lives. I can't think of anything better. That's why we work right? To retire and have fun.

Congratulations Mark & Sue - enjoy retirement!

No comments: